Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Finding Your Niche

When buying and selling cars, it's best to stick with one or two types of vehicles. This way you can familiarize yourself with the common problems with these vehicles. If you want a fast turn around, choose a car that is popular and readily available. 

I mostly buy crown Victoria police interceptors. Why? They are reliable, there's a huge following for these cars, and they're cheap. I know the ins and outs of these cars. For example, these cars have 8 coil packs. Each one fires one spark plug. A simple design but they are prone to break. They are also $50 a piece at your local parts store. When the engine misfire code pops up, 99% of the time it's a coil pack. A lot of people will sell a car cheap if its running badly and has a check engine light on. 

As long as you stick with a certain car, you'll make money. You'll also have extra parts laying around for the next car you decide to buy. Keeps repair costs down and your profits up. If you have any questions on which car to buy just send a comment below. Ill respond in a timely manner. Thank you

3 comments:

  1. Hello, nice post you have here with lots of great advice and foresight. I've been looking start flipping cars for myself but simply don't know where to start. i have lots of time and little money to start with. If you know of a good vehicle to start with please tell me :D I like the idea of your crown Vic method you shared here, although I dont see myself going to a lot of auctions until I'm in a position where I'm able to support myself through flipping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What other cars you hink would be a good sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chevy Impala. They are everywhere and people like them. I personally want to flip Monte Carlo ss's. But they usually need body work from what I see.

    ReplyDelete